Tuesday, July 17, 2007

All gums


I have been seeing fleeting smiles from Cole for the last couple of weeks. First, in his sleep; then, many brief grins that left me wondering, Was that a smile? But, the last few days I can definitively say that Cole is smiling. Catching it with the camera, however, is a challenge. But, last night, I was able to get these two shots of his charming, toothless grin. I am sure I will get a better picture soon, but I couldn't resist sharing these in the meantime.

Cole has also been cooing at us for the last week or so. His cute conversation, in addition to these grins, marks the beginning of Cole's exodus from the "blob stage". His personality is slowly emerging and the real fun is starting. Newborns are very sweet in their blob state, but nothing can compare to these moments as they develop and grow. I can't wait for the giggling to start...