Monday, February 23, 2009

The art of the Cuisinart

005 (2)

Cole loves the food processor. And, what's not to love--it's shiny, has buttons, makes a loud noise, and dramatically transforms food instantaneously. Whenever I use it, Cole likes to watch, listen to the whirr, and feel the vibration it generates. But until last week, I hadn't realized how closely Cole paid attention to the actual mechanism of this appliance. While making a yummy garbanzo bean and artichoke dip, I turned around to get a lemon out the refrigerator, and in that short time Cole put the insert in the lid (it won't start without it in place) and pressed "on". And, while I would never purposely allow him to play with appliances, I had to see if it was just a lucky coincidence, and gave him the opportunity to do it again. Which, he did. He was very pleased with himself, and I am still completely amazed.

No comments: