Monday, February 25, 2008

More on books


Cole absolutely loves to read books. He'll sit in my lap as I read book after book after book. And he isn't a passive reader--he likes to scrutinize each, touch the pictures he likes, and coo and chatter along. Now that he likes to turn the pages (with his left hand--interesting), I am beginning to understand more about how much his is taking in. He will sit and examine a page for a minute or more, before he turns to the next page. Once I started to turn the page, only to have him put his hand out to stop me. He is quite the contrast to Franny, who could breeze through half a dozen books in a matter of minutes. Right now, his favorite book is I Am A Bunny which has lots of beautiful illustrations by Richard Scarry. It has more complex pictures than most of his previous books, depicting the seasons through the eyes of Nicholas Bunny, and he is enjoying it tremendously. I guess the little guy is growing up...

No comments: