Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Variable X


One hour before his session

Three weeks ago I scheduled a portrait session for Cole. I took into consideration every possible variable--from when he would nap and eat to when Franny would be in school and when Cole would be the most relaxed--and booked the ideal time. The only aspect I didn't take into account is the fact that, in the early months, babies' daily schedules are constantly changing . Today, we arrived at our scheduled appointment twenty minutes into a nap and three hours since his last meal. My expectations for it being disastrous were very high. And, without a doubt, Cole exceeded my expectations. Apparently, his sweet voice reached volumes that could be heard all the way in the front lobby. Needless to say, after viewing the proofs, we scheduled retakes. We'll see what new variable emerges non our next attempt!

1 comment:

cherl said...

I laughed aloud while reading this. Too funny! Hopefully the next session will go over better than this one.

I'm guessing our holiday photo of the cousins may be a thing of the past...? WAY too many variables these days.