Monday, April 7, 2008

Monsieur Cole

Today, Cole ate dramatically more than he has since he started eating solid foods. It is counterintuitive for me to feed him the way he needs to be fed, and it has taken some time to adjust to not only feeding him fattening foods, but also feeding him until he emphatically refuses any more. When he gets older, I think I may need to learn how to prepare French entrees, as his palette will be so accustomed to such rich and fatty foods that he won't be able to choke down how the rest of us eat. But until then, I continue to brainstorm new ways to get more fat into his diet. In a few months, I will probably look back at this list and think Was that the best I could do? But, for now, I'm pretty impressed with his current intake.

Today's menu:
Snack
Whole grain goldfish crackers with almond butter
Oatmeal with heavy whipping cream
Lunch
Cheese and crackers
Oatmeal with heavy whipping cream
Snack
Whole milk yogurt with cereal
Whole grain graham crackers with strawberry cream cheese
Dinner
Macaroni and cheese
Broccoli with cheese sauce
Whole milk yogurt

No comments: