Sunday, March 4, 2007

Little Roo

This one has become quite the kicker. His movement is much different from that of Franny in utero. She had a very rhythmic kicking pattern--almost like a metronome--in addition to being a big stretcher. Also, she went through long periods of inactivity during the day followed by short bursts of energy. With this little guy, I was initially rather late in being able to detect any consistent movement--around 24 weeks--and thought maybe I was just too busy to notice. But now he is constantly on the move--I notice him rolling and kicking steadily throughout the day. He also has long periods of very strong movement. Not the steady beat like Franny; rather, I will have an irregular, crazy thumping across my entire abdomen--almost like mini-earthquakes. He really gets moving around 9pm, and then from about 4-7am. It almost makes insomnia tolerable!

No comments: